25 June 2009

Wednesday was good

I didn't run into any real traffic on the way to work.

I went out to a farewell lunch for some friends at work, and when the server accidentally put my meal on the manager's check (he was paying for the people who were leaving, but the rest of us were paying for ourselves) - the manager was really nice and just said to leave it there.

On the way home, I was driving across the 520 bridge from the sunny side to the shadowed side when I looked down at the dark steel gray water. There was no blue at all. It was an amazing color. And on one side of the bridge the water is all calm, while on the other side there were whitecaps from all the wind.

Enough people showed up to play volleyball, so I got to play for the first time in a month!

1 comment:

valaasb said...

What a great description of the lake; that is a vivid memory of mine, too, that one side can be so calm in the lee, and the other meringues of white caps.