06 July 2010

More Food - Food Box Week 3

Here's the pretty picture:


And what is that? Two beautiful enormous heads of lettuce (red lettuce and butterhead lettuce), two bunches of radishes and one bunch of beets (much smaller than last week's beets), some red spring onions and a bag of rye flour. Which turned into this:


which baked into this:


and tastes like this:


Oh well, I guess you'll have to use your imagination. Not the strongest tasting rye bread ever, but still tasty bread. I'll have to look for an even better recipe I guess.

Since I should probably limit myself to only one here's-the-cool-food-I've-made-lately post per week, here's a couple more things that I made with my brother-in-law and sister-in-law in the last week - homemade strawberry jam and canned strawberry-rhubarb pie filling:

2 comments:

Maria Draper said...

I wish I could taste that bread! YUMMM!

valaasb said...

Have any spares in the rhubarb department? It all looks delicious, the bread turned out so great, I wouldn't mind a milder rye bread.