11 August 2010

I love trees

Which is why I was pretty nervous to have our backyard trees cleaned up. But it had to be done - the big oak was just about touching the roof!


The other problems included a couple of evergreens with a lot of dead branches at their base, an old, tired apple tree which never even flowered anymore, and a pine tree that was leaning over so much that the roots were starting to come up out of the ground.

So I called AG Tree Service. They came to my house to give me an estimate the same day that I called. We went over the various "problem areas" in my yard. We worked out a plan and the crew showed up the next day to make my yard beautiful!

Here's what they did:

They removed my apple tree and pine tree, even grinding up the stumps so that we can use the space to plant something new.


They cleaned out the dead branches and raised the bottom level of the evergreens to about the height of the fence behind them so that we could keep the privacy they provide.


I admit that I miss the whole "Christmas-tree" look of a tree that reaches down to the ground, but about 75% of those lower branches were just dead sticks.


My favorite was the oak tree. It went from a wild and shaggy monster tree that was reaching out to touch the house and had branches dangling so far down into the yard that we could walk right into them ... it went from that to a beautiful tree that raises high up overhead, opening up space in the yard while still towering over the house and providing some summer shade.

2 comments:

MarieC said...

Awesome! I'll have to keep them in mind if we ever decide to do something about our trees.

Julie C said...

I do think it's funny how my neighbor's shaggy wild and unkempt tree is now much more obvious. Maybe they'll clean it up someday too.