16 February 2011

I have a new job!

I start next week! Or I start in two months. That part is undecided. And actually, it's not decided yet which job I get because it is internal redeployment. And actually, I don't even know if I get a say in what job I want. But either way, I will be employed, and I am happy about that. I'm so glad someone decided they want me on their team! And once we figure out the rules of internal redeployment, I will know when and where I will be going. :)

So I guess it's technically not official. But I feel pretty decent about how it's going to work out. Either job would be okay - I'd kind of prefer the job that would have me working more with a team of peers and would also allow some flexibility in work hours. But in the other job I'd be working with some senior-level engineers and probably learn a lot, plus they have a brand new pretty building to work in.

Oh, and both commutes are equally bad, both positions are on-site only (no telecommuting), and the basics of the offers would be the same - it's just the actual job that differs.

3 comments:

JennyW said...

Congrats! That's got to feel better, right? Knowing that there's a job or two waiting for you I mean.

Sorry that the commutes still are crappy and that there's no telecommuting, but maybe if you liked and were interested in what you were doing it wouldn't be so bad?

Julie C said...

Totally true, maybe I'll actually like it! The decision came in today that I will be working for the job I chose, starting April 8th. I've been impressed with the good communication from the manager, and I hope that bodes well for the future.

Unknown said...

Hurray!!