21 May 2011

Dear

Dear Back,

I'm sorry. I know I tend do overdo things when I get into a gardening project, or when I get stuck in traffic for two hours on the way home. After more than a year of off-and-on discomfort, you would think I should know better, but I forget. Or I think I'm getting better and stronger. If I keep trying to remind myself to be careful, do you think you would consider cutting me a break today?

~the rest of me

Dear Washing Machine,

I know it probably gets on your nerves when I mix up your name with the Dishwasher. I know I don't spend a lot of time with you in that cold, cold garage. But please, did you have to ruin my absolute favorite blouse? I really hope the Oxi-Clean takes those mysterious stains back out. I know you're only three years old, but WM, you have solidified my dislike of front-loading washers. You don't work as well, your cycles take forever, and you grow stuff in that gross rubber seal thingey. So, this is your notice - your days are numbered.

~me

Dear Dan,

I'm sorry you're sick! Please get better soon. I think we've only had one week out of the last five where one or the other of us hasn't been sick. Can I do anything to help?

love,
~me

Dear Hulu,

Thank you, you save my sanity. I no longer stay up until 11:00 to watch that favorite show, and now I can watch that show anywhere. You're awesome.

~a fan

2 comments:

MarieC said...

Oh dear! I feel your pain on the front-loading washing machine. The happiest day of my laundry-doing life was when the front-loader was sold on Craigslist, and I got my new top-loading Maytag.

Unknown said...

Here's a suggestion for the front loader- unless in use, leave the door open; no more growing. Sorry it ruined your blouse, though.