29 April 2016

Long Hair Problems

My hair is currently the longest it has ever been.  I am learning that there are drawbacks to long hair that I never thought of before.  In my mind, I call them "Long Hair Problems" - in the same tone of voice that my mind reads "First World Problems."

Things I expected:
1.  Longer hair takes longer to dry or style
2.  Longer hair falls in my face
3.  Longer hair has worse tangles
4.  Longer hair makes my head warmer


Things I never thought of:
1.  When your neck is immobilized in an awkward position because your hair is trapped by someone's arm when they give you a hug
2.  When your hair gets stuck under backpack straps or a bag slung across the shoulder
3.  When your braids cause sore spots under your bike helmet
4.  When the ends of your hair dry first and you have to re-wet them to style your hair or else you have a weird frizzy bush effect
5.  When you can't tell where the lone hair across your face is coming from - so you keep dragging your finger across your face trying to find it - and it ends up being a wispy little hair that somehow floated up from behind your ear and back across your nose
6.  When you wake up and it looks dark because your hair is all across your face

1 comment:

Father's Day Quotes said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.