09 May 2010

Crafty Projects

Just some fun stuff I've done lately. First of all there's my cute little penguin CJ, named in honor of my second cousin twice-removed who made one too.


I don't think I've ever taught anyone how to cross-stitch before. I'm glad she was so patient with me. Now I just need to find a frame that fits it.

The other project was learning to sew mini pillowcases. While I was getting better, there were several other people I knew who were having a hard time. I love my mini-pillow so much that when my mom offered to teach me how, I jumped on the chance to dig through her box of fabrics and made something.

2 comments:

MarieC said...

CUTE!! I haven't cross-stitched in ages. I think I stopped about the same time as I realized I needed magnifying glasses to do it. :-(

valaasb said...

I'm a huge believer in the mini pillow. So perfect to elevate, cushion, separate, etc. than a big bulky regular one. Cute cases!