04 April 2008

Discovery Bay

March 2008. My sister and her daughter came up to visit. We went out to Discovery Bay with our mom, making it a girls' vacation! The drive out there is beautiful, taking a ferry across the Puget Sound and then driving across the islands and the Hood Canal Bridge until we reached the place we were staying. We walked on the local beach, and we spent a day in Port Townsend too. We watched movies at night, and played with my niece by day. Three adult women completely captivated by a 2-year old. Here's some of my favorite pictures from the trip:




Mom, niece, and sister on the beach where we stayed. It was pretty chilly.






Here's your proof that I was there - and having a good time.









The lighthouse at the beach in Port Townsend - I like how this picture turned out, even if I put a roof right on top of my sister's head. My artistic abilities with a camera are ... in progress.







The beach at Port Townsend. There was a sign on the beach warning us not to disturb the seals - and then we saw one in the water!





The biggest starfish I have ever seen.










The view from where we stayed.







And last of all, the view from the ferry on the trip home. Sunshine!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful! And I am so jealous :)