21 December 2008

Happy Solstice!

The snow started falling again last night. Snow isn't really my favorite thing, but I've decided to look on the bright side.

It's really, really pretty outside.


We didn't lose power so we can stay warm inside while it's cold outside (plus we still have the Internet).
My brother made it home safely.
There are grocery stores in walking distance.
We have a fireplace in case the power does go out; we just recently acquired fireplace tools and long matches and had the chimney cleaned.
The garden is now kind of pretty again with snow-flowers.


Yesterday my brother and sister -in-law came over and stayed with us; it is a lot more fun to be stuck at home with them around because it's more like a giant slumber party.
I don't get cold very easily, so I can enjoy being outside without ill effects.
The cold feels good on my hurt hand. :)
Some nice neighbors lent us a sled; we all got to take a few rides down a nearby street.
We made fudge and divinity.
We might still try making caramels.
I don't have to drive in to work when it snows.
We spent a lot of time playing games this weekend.
The Christmas tree (the first one we ever put up for ourselves) is all decorated and beautiful.
Since the snow wasn't right for a snowman (too much crust, couldn't roll snowballs) we made a giant ice-arch instead.


See? I'm having fun with the snow.

2 comments:

MarieC said...

Love the ice arch! Thanks for posting some positive things about this miserable weather. I'm just glad I have no family trying to get here for Christmas. Ugh!

aubreyannie said...

sooo cool and so fun! merry Christmas, julie! we love you and dan so much!