15 April 2010

Out of Practice

I feel like I've forgotten how to blog. I read my friends' blogs, and even their facebook posts, and I think "why don't I have anything to say?"

Maybe it's just because I'm so out of practice. Maybe it's because so much of my recent time has been spent wondering/worrying/thinking about medical things that I kind of feel like aren't the best things to share all the time (I mean, who really wants to hear that my most recent INR was 2.8, which is great?). Maybe it's the medication (ok, really I just like to blame all of my brain freezes and things on the pain-killers that the doctor said I may be taking for months depending on how long my back hurts). Maybe it's just the normal self-doubts that anyone has about how interesting I really can be - after so long without a blog post, I feel like I have to make some kind of great post, or dramatic statement.

Oh well, I am who I am. And if the most exciting parts of my week are (a) having cute matching rugs in my kitchen, (b) driving safely to work and getting to see my friends there, (c) meeting a neighbor when I was out walking yesterday, (d) finishing my taxes - huzzah!, and (e) finding Cadbury Eggs on the post-Easter sale; well, so be it. That's not really a bad week.

Sooner or later I'm actually going to have pictures again to make the blog more interesting. Probably later. :)

3 comments:

Zanne said...

Yay for you for posting! Finding cadbury eggs in the post-Easter sale would make my day too! This year that was all John and I put in our Easter basket. It's the only Easter candy you really need. :P I'm sending you positive, healing thoughts.

Sposita said...

I think it's hard to top, "I almost died again!" - I mean, meeting neighbors seems so mundane after that. =)

But really, finding Cadbury Eggs on sale would totally be a highlight of my week, too!

Sarah M said...

Now that I have your blog on the blogger thing-a-ma-jig I get to see whenever you post; be it frequent or not, I love to read what you have written! And I love to follow what you're adding to your goodreads too.